Monday, April 20, 2009

Un-holy Week in Boracay (Part 1)

Day 1 - Maundy Thursday

Sunday to Wednesday nights were spent on packing so I only had a few hours of sleep prior to our 1st day in Boracay. My Rambo boarded Makati Dog and Cat hospital on Wednesday night and it became his home for the next 4 nights. I, my mum and papc left the house at around 515am and arrived at the Domestic Airport in 10 minutes. Yes I was excited since it looked like that we were the first ones to have our luggages checked-in but too bad the flight was moved (from 7)to 8am so we had to wait 3 hours for boarding. (Sigh)

Anyway, it was my first time to fly zestair and luckily, we arrived Boracay safely. We checked in at a newly-built, almost beachfront hotel, namely Gran Prix, owned by Vicory Liner, which opened its doors to the public on February. The entrance is beachfront, right beside Yellow Cab, but the building itself is covered by Yellow Cab's 2nd floor so we couldn't really see the seaview though each room has its own balcony. We got a promo price of 2300/head for 3d/2n plus 1k for every pax for extra night and plus 900 for the Suite Room upgrade..nice! If it weren't for the promo, we could have spent 30,300 in this hotel.

While my parents were taking a nap in the afternoon, I met with my cousin, Che and her hubby which were already in Boracay that day. Here's a collection of our 1st day snapshots.























Day 2 - Good Friday







Boracay is known for being a party place, particularly during Holy Week but this year, the government has implemented a new law to ban partying or any loud music in bars on this day. Since I was with my parents on this day, I wasn't that affected by the news since I don't usually go out on a Good Friday night to party. There were even 'stations of the cross' set on the beach for those who want to do the this kind of activity during holy week. Well, well, well, what else did we do but swim! swim! swim! At the end of the day, my mom and I had a relaxing room service massage, which I forgot to take pictures of. Good Friday was indeed good enough!

No comments: