Monday, May 11, 2009

Hello my Mr. Big

Sold my Tosho last week and purchased a replacement in 7 hours. Mr. Big has arrived..







I got the laptop from honb and was excited to go home to play with it. I couldn't believe that after hitting the power button, the unit shuts down abruptly after 20 seconds, I hit the power button several times but the same thing happens over and over again. I searched google for answers and to my surprise, I found several posts from Acer users having the same problem! I could not believe what I was reading, the problem could have been the hard drive, BIOS settings, or worse, the motherboard! Then I found and tried 2 simple solutions which didn't sound alien to me:

First, unhook the battery and the power cord.
Hold the power button for 20 seconds.
Plug in the power cord without the battery and turn it on... (but it just shuts off again in 20 secs as usual right after booting up).
Put the battery back in and leave the power cord plugged in.

I did this twice but didn't work.

Second crazy solution, Do make sure power off. then gently tap 5 to 10 times (near by ventilation system). Restart.

I tapped it like a baby while restarting and this trick did it. The fan got unstuck by the slight taps and now everything is working properly, weird eh?!

I am happy with my purchase. I love the body color, the black keyboard, the size, the weight, the OS, the battery life, and the price! It may not have the CD/DVD drive but what the heck...Size matters! =)

Bush!

7 comments:

ALiNe said...

Congratz!!!!

Cza said...

Wow! nice color.. Congrats! :D

ana6elle said...

yipee! bili na rin kayo netbook!

Anonymous said...

Bonjour I'd love to congratulate you for such a terrific quality forum!
Was thinking this is a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Sage Brand
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/cars-party-supplies.html]cars Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

Hi I'd like to congratulate you for such a terrific made forum!
Was thinking this would be a perfect way to introduce myself!
If you want to compile wealth it is usually a sharp conclusion to begin a savings or investing plan as soon in life as imaginable. But don't fear if you have not thought of saving your assets until later on in life. With hard work, that is analyzing the best investment vehicles for your cash you can slowly but surely increase your wealth so that it extends to a huge sum by the period you hope to retire. Inspect all of the achievable asset classes from stocks to real estate as investments for your money. A wisely diversified portfolio of investments in different asset classes will make your money build through the years.

-Clare Grafton
[url=http://urwealthy.com]currency conversion [/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory